Thursday, January 31, 2013

Circle Time Rules

Everyday with my little kiddos we go over our circle time rules:
eyes watching
ears listening
voices quiet
bodies calm
We frequently sing a song that goes with these rules.  In setting out to create an Animoto I decided what would be better than giving my students a visual to correspond with the song and circle time rules.  To make it more personal for my kiddos I also took pictures of them doing the motions to use for the Animoto.


Now everyday the first thing I do with each of my classes is watch this video.  The kids actually ask for it.  We play it on our eno board and the kiddos sing along, do the hand motions and even my most distracted student is engaged and following along.  I absolutely love the final product and the visual it provides for my students.  Will certainly be continuing the use Animoto in my classroom.

8 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! It must have taken you forever to get the music synced up with the pictures. I can imagine how much your kids much love watching this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Animoto! How did you synchronize your pictures with the song? It must be really powerful for them to see themselves demonstrating expected behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much. I may show my own kids this video. We should make one for "Everyone has accidents, yes they do!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is really amazing! I too would love to know how you synced the music and photos. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. for all who are wondering syncing the music with the pictures was just a lot of trial and error, nothing special. All the sudden it just worked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, this is a great use of Animoto! I can definitely see how you incorporate this video into your daily instruction. I'm sure the kids love to see themselves acting out the rules as well. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Animoto! I am creating an Animoto right now for my kindergarten classroom. I originally decided to do "classroom rules" however it turned into a more broad: "What we do in Kindergarten." But I would love to do a shorter "rules" Animoto that can be quickly played everyday to begin circle- great idea to get them focused!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Animoto!! Its great to know the kids really love it.

    ReplyDelete