Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blogging for a Better PreK

While I can't expect my students to begin blogs and wikis I am beginning to see how I as their teacher can use them to better my teaching, get ideas, and connect with other professionals to better my classroom and teaching.  In searching the web I have found a couple great PreK blogs including Not Just Cute and Pre-K Pages. I also found a a blog specific to preschool Special Ed: Learning to Grow.  I have found limited resources specific to preschool special ed so to find a blog is quite intriguing.



I have already gotten ideas including the use of the app IEP Pal which helps track growth and progress based on the children's IEP goals and objectives. DATA! DATA! DATA! Who couldn't use some help tracking DATA!  


Another app mentioned includes Toddler Teasers.  Although the title seems as if its made for younger children, at times the objectives I have for children mimic the age of development of toddlers.  This app provides games for children to complete and tracks their progress and provides data of their current ability.  DATA! DATA! DATA!  The app then tells you what the next step for a particular child would be based on their current performance.  Can't wait to give this a try.

Also love the idea of Task Boxes which are different boxes to address different skills.  They are all planned out and all materials are housed and available in the box.  Being a "bin-aholic" I absolutely love this idea - so neat and organized.  All you have to do is pull a Task Box off the shelf and BAM there you go instant skill activity.


After looking through these blogs I am already excited about the possibilities.  I could spend hours surfing these blogs.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a neat app. I am going to share it with my special education teacher in particular because she just received a grant for iPads for her and the students she works with. I know that we share that sentiment... DATA, DATA, DATA!

    ReplyDelete